Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Artichoke hearts make this potato salad a bit different.
- 1 3⁄4 lbs baking potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, medium sized, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, medium sized, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 purple onion, small sized, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup canned artichoke heart, drained and quartered
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Place the potato pieces on a large baking sheet; drizzle with 1/8 cup oil. Sprinkle with 1 tsp black pepper and the salt; toss well. Bake at 425 degrees for 35 minutes or until the potato pieces are tender.
- Cook the pepper strips and onion in 1/8 cup oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until the vegetables are crisp tender.
- Combine the potato pieces, bell pepper mixture, and artichoke hearts in a boil. Add the remaining 1/8 cup of oil, freshly chopped basil, and garlic; toss. Serve warm or at room temperature.
I really enjoyed this potato salad. I tasted great both warm and room temperature.
This made a delicious dinner today! Followed the recipe to the letter except that accidentally I threw the minced garlic into the pan with the bell pepper LOL Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe!<br/>Made for For Your Consideration Tag Game.