Recipe by Marie
This is an extremely tasty potato salad with a vinagrette dressing made with a combination of red wine and balsamic vinegars. Makes an excellent side dish for any meal. Original recipe was found on the internet, but as I do in almost all recipes, have changed it to suit my taste. I know you will like this different way to prepare potato salad!
- 6 small new potatoes, cubed & cooked til tender
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 10 grape tomatoes or 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄8 lb pancetta or 1⁄8 lb bacon, cooked until golden
- 5 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss together potatoes, peas, tomatoes, pancetta, basil, parsley, onion& garlic in a bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine red wine and balsamic vinegar and olive oil and let set a few minutes to mellow.
- Add dressing to potato salad, mix, then chill to allow flavors to develop.