Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an extremely tasty potato salad with a vinagrette dressing made with a combination of red wine and balsamic vinegars. Makes an excellent side dish for any meal. Original recipe was found on the internet, but as I do in almost all recipes, have changed it to suit my taste. I know you will like this different way to prepare potato salad!
- 6 small new potatoes, cubed & cooked til tender
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 10 grape tomatoes or 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄8 lb pancetta or 1⁄8 lb bacon, cooked until golden
- 5 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Toss together potatoes, peas, tomatoes, pancetta, basil, parsley, onion& garlic in a bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine red wine and balsamic vinegar and olive oil and let set a few minutes to mellow.
- Add dressing to potato salad, mix, then chill to allow flavors to develop.
We liked this a lot! A wonderful addition to the Bruschetta burgers we made. It would be great with grilled chicken as well! I will definetly make again.
I enjoyed this immensely. Next time, I think I will cut down just a bit on the dressing, as it was a bit too wet. The flavors were just wonderful, though. A keeper!
This is a great alternative to the standard potato salad recipe. I used Good Seasons Italian salad dressing and mixed with the olive oil and vinegar.