This is an extremely tasty potato salad with a vinagrette dressing made with a combination of red wine and balsamic vinegars. Makes an excellent side dish for any meal. Original recipe was found on the internet, but as I do in almost all recipes, have changed it to suit my taste. I know you will like this different way to prepare potato salad!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 small new potatoes, cubed & cooked til tender
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 10 grape tomatoes or 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/8 lb pancetta or 1/8 lb bacon, cooked until golden
- 5 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1Toss together potatoes, peas, tomatoes, pancetta, basil, parsley, onion& garlic in a bowl.
- 2Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Combine red wine and balsamic vinegar and olive oil and let set a few minutes to mellow.
- 4Add dressing to potato salad, mix, then chill to allow flavors to develop.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.1
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 50.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: