Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My family has many different versions of potato pie. This is one of them. I serve this with a garden salad.
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chives (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, sliced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Cover the potatoes with salted water and boil till tender. Drain and mash.
- Stir in softened butter, sour cream, chives, seasoned salt and pepper.
- Butter and lightly flour 9 1/2-inch deep pie plate. Spread in mashed potatoes.
- Arrange 6 oz. Mozzarella cheese on potatoes. Top with tomatoes. Sprinkle with basil and oregano.
- Top with remaining Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and melted butter. Bake at 425°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese if melted. Cool slightly before cutting.