Recipe by lindapre
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Steaming potato, onion, and italian sausage drizzled with marinara sauce and baked inside a crispy pizza crust, served with extra marinara sauce on the side.
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 2 (2 2/3 ounce) Italian sausages
- 1 (16 ounce) packagerefrigerated pizza dough
- 1 1⁄2 cups marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Oil a large bowl with 2 tablespoons oil, place pizza dough in bowl turning once, let warm to room temperature.
- In a 12 inch skillet on medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Remove casings from sausage links, break up meat into small pieces, and brown in skillet for 5 minutes.
- Add diced potatoes, stir, and cover, Cook for 12 minutes, stirring every 3 minures. Cover skillet between stirring.
- Prepare 15 1/2 inch by 10 1/2 inch rimmed baking pan by oiling pan with 2 tablespoons oil.
- with remaining oil, oil rolling pin, and surface for rolling dough.
- Divide dough in half and roll out to a 9 inch circle.
- spoon half of potato mixture onto half of circle. Drizzle 3 tablespoons marinara sauce on top.
- Fold other half of dough over, meeting edges. Roll and crimp edges to seal well. Cut 3 gashes on top of dough for steam vents.
- Repeat with other portion of pizza dough. Place calzones on prepared pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- To serve, cut each calzone in half, serve with remaining marinara sauce.