Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
For your next Italian-themed dinner.
- 6 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices (about 2 1/2 lb.)
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, seeded, sliced, and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, cut into bits
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a 2 1/2 quart casserole lightly coated with cooking spray, add in layers half of the potatoes, half the onions, and half of the tomato slices.
- Season with oregano, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle half of each of the cheeses on top.
- Repeat layers.
- Dot with butter.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake about 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender and top is golden.