Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a pot roast recipe from Taste of Home magazine.
- 1 (3 lb) boneless beef rump roast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- In a Dutch oven, brown roast on all sides on medium high heat, drain.
- Combine the broth, tomato paste, mushrooms, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper; pour over roast.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 3 to 3-1/4 hours or until tender.
- Remove roast; keep warm.
- Pour pan drippings and browned bits into a measuring cup. Skim fat; pour drippings into a saucepan.
- Combine the flour and water until smooth; gradually stir into drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Slice raost; serve with gravy.