Recipe by Bec
This makes a nice dinner- Perfect for the colder months. Just do the prep work and let the crock pot do the rest!
Top Review by Jenn K.
Great recipe and so easy to make!! DH loved it and had two big helpings. I did not add the onion, but I did use about 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder and parsley flakes. Thanks for the great recipe!!!
- 3 -4 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (26 ounce) jarclassico di napoli pasta sauce (Tomato & Basil)
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine or 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 wyler's beef bouillon cubes or 3 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 6 medium red potatoes, quartered (about 1 pound)
- 1 1⁄2 cups baby carrots (about 8 ounces)
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, over high heat, brown beef roast on both sides in hot oil.
- Remove roast from skillet.
- In same skillet, combine beef juices, 1 cup pasta sauce, wine and bouillon cubes.
- Cook mixture until hot and bouillon cubes dissolve.
- Place vegetables in bottom of crock pot.
- Top with roast, pour bouillon mixture over vegetables and roast.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 6 to 7 hours or until roast and vegetables are tender.
- Transfer roast and vegetables to serving platter; cover with foil to keep warm.
- Reserve 1 cup juices.
- In medium saucepan, combine reserved juices and remaining pasta sauce.
- Heat through.
- Serve with roast and vegetables.