Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs 30 mins
This makes a nice dinner- Perfect for the colder months. Just do the prep work and let the crock pot do the rest!
- 3 -4 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (26 ounce) jarclassico di napoli pasta sauce (Tomato & Basil)
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine or 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 wyler's beef bouillon cubes or 3 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 6 medium red potatoes, quartered (about 1 pound)
- 1 1⁄2 cups baby carrots (about 8 ounces)
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- In large skillet, over high heat, brown beef roast on both sides in hot oil.
- Remove roast from skillet.
- In same skillet, combine beef juices, 1 cup pasta sauce, wine and bouillon cubes.
- Cook mixture until hot and bouillon cubes dissolve.
- Place vegetables in bottom of crock pot.
- Top with roast, pour bouillon mixture over vegetables and roast.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 6 to 7 hours or until roast and vegetables are tender.
- Transfer roast and vegetables to serving platter; cover with foil to keep warm.
- Reserve 1 cup juices.
- In medium saucepan, combine reserved juices and remaining pasta sauce.
- Heat through.
- Serve with roast and vegetables.
Great recipe and so easy to make!! DH loved it and had two big helpings. I did not add the onion, but I did use about 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder and parsley flakes. Thanks for the great recipe!!!