Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a modification of a recipe found in Everyday Food magazine. For maximum flavor benefit, use a good quality store brand tomato sauce, or use your favorite homemade.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 453.59 g lean hamburger
- 473.18 ml tomato sauce, your favorite
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 236.59 ml flour
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml rosemary, crushed
- 59.16 ml butter, melted
- 118.29 ml milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and add chopped onion and carrots.
- Saute until vegetables are tender. Add ground beef and continue frying until meat is no longer pink.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add seasonings/sauce and mix.
- Cook until thickened. approximately 10 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into 4 8 oz. ramekins.
- Set aside.
- In mixing bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the centre and add the wet ingredients.
- Combine just until moistened.
- Mound spoonfuls of dough on top of the ramekins.
- Place on rimmed baking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake 10-12 minutes.
- Test doneness with toothpick.
Oh My, this is yummy. I made 2 servings and they were a perfect dinner size along with a fresh salad. Used Parm shreds fresh from the deli and it was a delight. There are layers of marvelous flavors that manage to make themselves nicely noticed while playing very nicely with their neighbors. It was a hit at our house.
This was a really delicious pot pie. So different and so yummy.... Didn't even think of taking a pic so the meat mixture shows, I just kept munching it. I had cooked the meat mixture the night before because I wanted to have this for lunch. And brought all the ingredients for the topping separately to work and finished it there. Just put the meat mixture on the stove to warm it back up and put the topping on and baked. The flavor was absolutely fantastic and will definitely make again. Have to agree a good quality tomato sauce will make a big difference, and I also think a freshly grated parmesan is a definite must. (meaning not the green container) Thanks so much for sharing your recipe Lori Mama...this was MMM MMM good !!!
Made half a recipe and was very good. Used two Grab its and baked in them. Used oregano rather than rosemary but otherwise followed the recipe and adding 8 slices pepperoni. Very filling and quick meal with a salad.