Recipe by Lori Mama
This is a modification of a recipe found in Everyday Food magazine. For maximum flavor benefit, use a good quality store brand tomato sauce, or use your favorite homemade.
Top Review by Annacia
Oh My, this is yummy. I made 2 servings and they were a perfect dinner size along with a fresh salad. Used Parm shreds fresh from the deli and it was a delight. There are layers of marvelous flavors that manage to make themselves nicely noticed while playing very nicely with their neighbors. It was a hit at our house.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 lb lean hamburger
- 2 cups tomato sauce, your favorite
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and add chopped onion and carrots.
- Saute until vegetables are tender. Add ground beef and continue frying until meat is no longer pink.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add seasonings/sauce and mix.
- Cook until thickened. approximately 10 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into 4 8 oz. ramekins.
- Set aside.
- In mixing bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the centre and add the wet ingredients.
- Combine just until moistened.
- Mound spoonfuls of dough on top of the ramekins.
- Place on rimmed baking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake 10-12 minutes.
- Test doneness with toothpick.