1/4 Photos of Italian Pot Pies
Lori Mama's Note:
This is a modification of a recipe found in Everyday Food magazine. For maximum flavor benefit, use a good quality store brand tomato sauce, or use your favorite homemade.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 lb lean hamburger
- 2 cups tomato sauce, your favorite
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2In a large skillet, heat oil and add chopped onion and carrots.
- 3Saute until vegetables are tender. Add ground beef and continue frying until meat is no longer pink.
- 4Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- 5Add seasonings/sauce and mix.
- 6Cook until thickened. approximately 10 minutes.
- 7Spoon mixture into 4 8 oz. ramekins.
- 8Set aside.
- 9In mixing bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.
- 10Make a well in the centre and add the wet ingredients.
- 11Combine just until moistened.
- 12Mound spoonfuls of dough on top of the ramekins.
- 13Place on rimmed baking sheet.
- 14Place in oven and bake 10-12 minutes.
- 15Test doneness with toothpick.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Pot Pies
Serving Size: 1 (384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 548.6
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 114.0 mg
- Sodium 1378.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 31.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: