Prep 3 mins
Cook 20 mins
This fabulous appetizer is a delectable combination of the warm earthy tones of the mushrooms, the tang of the feta, and the zestiness of the breadcrumbs. You will love it!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place cleaned portabellos upsidedown in well-oiled 9x13" casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup feta each.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs each.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until cheese is slightly melted.
- Broil till golden brown.
Good basic 3 ingredient recipe, but next time I would make changes. Baking at 400 degrees was a little hot and they seemed to get dry and start to burn. Lower the temp to 350, or keep an eye on them. We used crumbled feta with basil and tomato for more flavor. The breadcrumbs on top were a little dry... I'd suggest mixing them with some melted butter and perhaps some parmesan cheese. This would increase the calories but would make it moist. I could also see some chopped roasted bell peppers in here.