Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Taken from the 100 Best Italian recipes - brand names
- 3 lbs boneless pork roast
- 3 tablespoons dill seeds
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Combine seasonings together and coast roast with mixture.
- Roast in shallow pan at 325 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until meat therometer reads 155 degrees.
- Let roast rest 5 to 10 minutes before carving.
This was very tasty--love the spice mixture. I did not grind my spices and found the amounts to be about right. The roast benefitted from a good sprinkling of salt before cooking.
We really enjoyed this roast. The spice mix smelled just like sausage, and fennel is always a good companion for pork. I used a spice grinder to grind the seeds before rubbing them into the roast, and this made a really nice coating all over the meat. I had about twice as much seasoning as needed- next time I'd cut the dill and fennel in half. I also gave the roast a good dose of kosher salt before putting it in the oven. It took longer to cook than stated in the recipe, even though I only brought it up to medium, I needed to roast it for about half an hour longer. Made for ZWT7- Emerald City Shakers