Very nice pork tenderloin that you can serve to any company. The sauce is great in this. Serve over rice or pasta. Original recipe from Annacoyne from Allrecipes and altered slightly for our taste.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute the prosciutto, parsley, sun-dried tomatoes, onion and garlic 5 minutes, until onion is tender.
- Mix the pork strips into the skillet and brown about 10 minutes, turning once.
- Stir the broth and heavy cream into the skillet, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until pork reaches a minimum temperature of 160 degrees and sauce is thickened.
- For thicker sauce, mix a little flour with a little water and stir into sauce.