Recipe by Denise in NH
I was in the mood for spaghetti for dinner, but had a pork loin that needed to be used so instead of doing my usual barbecue sauce and pork, I decided to try the spaghetti sauce instead. I was not disappointed. The pork was fork tender and the sauce served over spaghetti was delicious!
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs boneless pork loin
- 1 medium green pepper (sliced into thin strips)
- 1 medium onion (sliced thin)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (I use Ragu extra chunky with mushrooms)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 bay leaves
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place peppers and onions in the bottom of crock pot.
- Rub pork loin with salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, garlic powder, Thyme and Fennel seed.
- Place the pork loin on top of the peppers and onions in crock pot.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over the pork loin making sure to cover the roast.
- Pour the red wine vinegar in the spaghetti sauce jar and replace the cover; shake the jar so the vinegar mixes with any sauce left in the jar.
- Pour the vinegar around the pork loin.
- Add the two bay leaf.
- Cook at low setting for 8-10 hours.
- Remove pork loin and slice and put the slices back into the sauce in the crock pot.
- Serve with your favorite pasta.