Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I was in the mood for spaghetti for dinner, but had a pork loin that needed to be used so instead of doing my usual barbecue sauce and pork, I decided to try the spaghetti sauce instead. I was not disappointed. The pork was fork tender and the sauce served over spaghetti was delicious!
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs boneless pork loin
- 1 medium green pepper (sliced into thin strips)
- 1 medium onion (sliced thin)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (I use Ragu extra chunky with mushrooms)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 bay leaves
- salt & pepper
- Place peppers and onions in the bottom of crock pot.
- Rub pork loin with salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, garlic powder, Thyme and Fennel seed.
- Place the pork loin on top of the peppers and onions in crock pot.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over the pork loin making sure to cover the roast.
- Pour the red wine vinegar in the spaghetti sauce jar and replace the cover; shake the jar so the vinegar mixes with any sauce left in the jar.
- Pour the vinegar around the pork loin.
- Add the two bay leaf.
- Cook at low setting for 8-10 hours.
- Remove pork loin and slice and put the slices back into the sauce in the crock pot.
- Serve with your favorite pasta.
This has to be the easiest dish yet. I served this dish along with a nice salad to my inlaws and they loved it!!!!
This is really good! For whatever reason, my pork loin wanted to shred when I was slicing it. So, I just shredded the whole thing & added it back to the sauce while the pasta was cooking. Nice, easy weeknight dinner!!
My family gave this 4 stars. They said the pork loin had really good flavor. It was so tender that you couldn't really slice, it just fell apart when you tried. They only down fall was the juices of the pork loin made the sauce super thin while it was cooking. Tried to serve over pasta and the sauce just ran through it like water. If I had tomato paste on hand I would have added it to try and thicken it up.