Chris Reynolds's Note:
I found this recipe in a magazine advertisement. Prep time includes marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless pork loin roast, trimmed, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, trimmed and cut crosswise into rounds
- 2 large bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch squares
- 1Prepare outdoor grill for direct medium-hot grilling. For a gas grill, preheat grill on high. Adjust temperature to 400°F For a charcoal grill, build fire and let burn until coals are covered with white ash. Spread coals and let burn for 15-20 minutes.
- 2Whisk vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, and hot red pepper together in large bowl. Whisk in oil. Add basil, oregano, and garlic. Add pork loin and toss to coat. Spread zucchini and bell peppers on top of pork, season with remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and let stand 5 minutes. Stir to coat with marinade. Do not marinate longer than 15 minutes. Skewer pork, zucchini, and bell peppers, alternating ingredients, onto 6 metal kabob skewers. If using wood skewers, soak for at least 30 minutes before using.
- 3Lightly oil cooking grate. Place kabobs on grill and cover grill. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 10-12 minutes or until pork is browned. Let stand for 3 minutes, then serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Pork Kabobs
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.2
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 640.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 25.2 g