Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Tasty recipe from "Country Italian" cookbook.
- 1 teaspoon Crisco cooking oil
- 6 (4 ounce) lean boneless center-cut pork loin chops, 3/4 inch thick
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup green onions with top
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 ounces shredded low moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese (1/2 cup)
- 2 2⁄3 cups hot cooked rice
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat.
- Add meat.
- Cook until browned on both sides.
- Add tomato sauce, mushrooms, bell pepper, onions, italian seasoning, salt and black pepper.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Combine water and cornstarch in small bowl.
- Stir until well blended.
- Add to juices in skillet.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Sprinkle cheese over meat mixture.
- Heat until cheese melts.
- Serve with rice.