Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious. Chicken can also be used for a change. Good with rice or pasta.
Make and share this Italian Pork Chops recipe from Food.com.
- 4 lean pork chops (3 to 4 oz each)
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 16 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cooking sherry
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- Sprinkle chops with pepper.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray.
- Place chops in skillet and brown on both sides.
- Transfer to a 2-qt baking dish.
- Cover the chops with mushrooms and set aside.
- Saute the onions, garlic, and green pepper over medium heat until tender.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, sherry, lemon juice, oregano, and basil.
- Let simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pour tomato mixture over pork chops.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
I made this for my family today and everyone absolutely loved it! I used a pork tenderloin sliced on the bias. Wonderful and easy. Thanks Trish!