Recipe by shelleyducharme
Very tasty way to serve pork chops. the ingredients dont seem to go together but when you cook it all up it is wonderful.! My sister and I found this recipe in a magazine several years ago and my brother in law fell in love with it....I forgot about it until I came accross it recently
- 4 nice pork chops (not too thick)
- 1 tablespoon margarine (butter burns too quick)
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic
- 1⁄2 tablespoon onion powder (or use fresh if u like)
- 4 tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped fine
- pepper, blend
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook celery until almost tender in 1 tablespoon of margarine.
- strain and remove.
- add chops and brown on one side -- season with spices and turn over season with remaining spices.
- brown other side.
- add apples , and partially cooked celery cover and cook on medium heat until chops are done and apples are tender but not mushy.