Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very tasty way to serve pork chops. the ingredients dont seem to go together but when you cook it all up it is wonderful.! My sister and I found this recipe in a magazine several years ago and my brother in law fell in love with it....I forgot about it until I came accross it recently
- 4 nice pork chops (not too thick)
- 1 tablespoon margarine (butter burns too quick)
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic
- 1⁄2 tablespoon onion powder (or use fresh if u like)
- 4 tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped fine
- pepper, blend
- Cook celery until almost tender in 1 tablespoon of margarine.
- strain and remove.
- add chops and brown on one side -- season with spices and turn over season with remaining spices.
- brown other side.
- add apples , and partially cooked celery cover and cook on medium heat until chops are done and apples are tender but not mushy.
We just tried this recipe with mashed potatoes and peas and it was delicious. The apple and celery really make the meal. Will be adding to my cookbook :)