Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Tomato sauce seasoned with oregano, basil and garlic gives Italian flavor to tender chops.
Make and share this Italian Pork Chops recipe from Food.com.
- 4 pork loin chops with bone (1 inch thick)
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- green pepper ring (optional)
- In a nonstick skillet, brown pork chops on both sides. In a slow cooker, combine the mushrooms, onion and garlic. Top with the pork chops. In a bowl, combine the tomato sauce, lemon juice, salt, oregano, basil and parsley. Pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove pork and keep warm. Transfer mushroom mixture to a saucepan. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; add to saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over the pork chops. Garnish with green pepper rings if desired.
This recipe reminded me of chicken cacciatore only made with pork chops. The sauce is wonderful but I didnt care for the bone in pork chops, I think boneless would be tastier. DH doesnt care for green peppers so I left those off when serving. Mushrooms are not a favorite of mine but I did enjoy them in this recipe. Served with katie in the UP's Lemon Chive Roasted Vegetables.