Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from a KOA magazine.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ounces italian Fontina cheese or 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups pitted green olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large bowl combine combine ground pork, 1 teaspoon of italian seasoning, salt and black pepper; mix well. Form mixture into four 3/4-inch thick patties.
- Cook patties, uncovered, on the rack directly over medium coals for 14-18 minutes or until done (160F) and juices run clear, turning once halfway through. Top each burger with cheese. Grill 1-2 minutes more until cheese begins to melt.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine olives, oil, crushed red pepper and remaining 1/4 teaspoon italian seasoning. Top burgers with olive mixture.
Hi Internetnut, you have a gem of a recipe here! I added garlic season salt and omitted the olives on top. I replaced them with sauteed red peppers and onions. A nice change from regular burgers. DH and I will be having them again real soon! Thanks for sharing.