Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Enjoy garden-fresh flavors with tender, juicy pork chops. This Italian Pork With Vegetable Sauté recipe is quick, simple and so delicious, your family will ask for seconds every time. Courtesy of the National Pork Board
- 1 lb boneless pork sirloin chops, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 -2 large diced bell pepper, cored and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 10 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio (or non-alcoholic varietal grape juice)
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add red pepper and cook, stirring often, until it begins to soften, about 1 minute. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until juices evaporate, about 5 minutes. Stir in scallions and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Transfer to plate.
- Season pork with 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoons pepper. Add remaining 1 tablespoons oil to skillet and heat. Add pork and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and meat is slightly pink when pierced to the center with tip of sharp knife, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with flour and stir with wooden spoon to coat pork.
- Add wine and 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits in pan with wooden spoon. Return vegetables to pan and cook until sauce is thickened, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.