Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Italian plum jam is my favorite. Sometime I have too many plums to eat out of hand, but not enough to make a whole batch of jam. This recipe uses about 18-20 plums and a half package, dry low sugar pectin. Do not use overly ripe plums.
- 18 plums, approx
- 22.18 ml lemon juice, bottled
- 59.14 ml water
- 44.37 ml dry low-sugar pectin
- 473.18 ml sugar
- Pit the plums and chop in a food processor. Measure 4-cups.
- In a pan combine the 4-cups chopped plums, lemon juice and water.
- Stir-in the dry pectin.
- Bring to a boil and boil for one minute.
- Add the sugar.
- Bring back to a boil and boil hard for a full minute.
- Ladle into sterilized jars. Adjust caps.
- Water bath process 8-minutes.
- Yield: 4-5 half pints and a taster for the fridge.