Recipe by TheQueenOfCappuccino
Everyone loves pizza but only few can really make a good homemade pizza. The secret is in the dough processing. That's it. It's the typical dish of italian cuisine most famous in the world and its origins are in the south of Italy especially in Naples.N.BIf you really want to make a real pizza, go to an italian grocery store and ask for a italian buffalo mozzarella. The real one!
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 zucchini
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Put in a bowl the flour and the baking powder.
- Add sugar, the salt, 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add 2 cups of water and started to knead.
- If the dough will seem sticky, don't worry. Add more flour until it becomes smooth and homogeneous.
- Now give to the dough the shape of a ball and leave it into the bowl covered with transparent film.
- Put the dough in the oven closed and turned off.
- Take back the dough after about 4 hours, or anyway when it will become twice its volume.
- N.B. I usually prepare the dough in the evening and I pull it out of the oven the next day-.
- When the dough has doubled in volume, take some flour and detach it from the bowl.
- Started to manipulate the dough and divide into two equal parts.
- Form two balls this time, and put them in two different bowls covered with transparent film again, and again put in the oven to rise until they reach twice their volume.
- When the dough has doubled, take the compound obtained into a bowl and put it in a round baking pan (or square if you don't have round) and being to roll the dough directly into the pan, using your hands, until you have covered all the entire pan.
- Do the same with the other dough to obtain 2 pizzas.
- Now put 1 tablespoon of olive oil on the pizza and put 1 grated zucchini and cherry tomatoes cut into 4 pieces.
- Add the mozzarella cheese on top and put in the oven preheat to 375F for 15/18 minutes, and anyway until the colour will became gold and the cheese will melted.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy hot.
- Bonne apetit.