1/5 Photos of Italian Pizza Soup
This delicious soup is quick and easy to fix. Just add bread for a hearty meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup diced or crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 -2 ounce thinly sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese or 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Heat olive oil in a large saucepan.
- 2Saute the onion and green pepper until softened.
- 3Stir in the garlic and cook for a minute.
- 4Add the oregano, basil, rice, tomatoes and broth, and bring to a boil.
- 5Turn down heat and place cover on saucepan.
- 6Simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 7Stir in the pepperoni, and sprinkle with the cheese.
- 8Continue cooking for another minute or two.
- 9Serve, and add an extra sprinkling of Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Pizza Soup
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.4
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 30.6 mg
- Sodium 1368.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 18.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: