Recipe by truebrit
This delicious soup is quick and easy to fix. Just add bread for a hearty meal!
Top Review by V.A.
Now this is a tasty tasty treat! It is simple to make, and full of flavor. We used rotel for the diced tomatoes, and served it with grilled ham and cheese sandwiches. Very filling! I must say that I really enjoyed scraping the built up cheese off of the spoon, it was like a little added bonus! We will certainly make this soup again, it was really very good :)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup diced or crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 -2 ounce thinly sliced pepperoni
- 1⁄2 cup shredded provolone cheese or 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Saute the onion and green pepper until softened.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add the oregano, basil, rice, tomatoes and broth, and bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat and place cover on saucepan.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in the pepperoni, and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Continue cooking for another minute or two.
- Serve, and add an extra sprinkling of Parmesan cheese, if desired.