1/1 Photo of Italian Pizza Sandwiches
Here is a good sandwich! If you like it hot, use Hot sausage.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Tear off a 3 6x18-inch piece of heavy foil.
- 2Fold in half to make a double thickness of foil that measures 18x18 inches.
- 3Place sweet pepper and onion in the center of the foil.
- 4Dot with margarine or butter.
- 5Bring up two opposite edges of foil and seal with double fold.
- 6Then fold remaining ends to completely enclose, leaving space for steam to build.
- 7Prick the sausage links in several places with a fork or the tip of a sharp knife.
- 8Place sausage links and the foil packet on grill.
- 9Cover and grill for 20 to 25 minutes (medium heat) or until sausage juices run clear and vegetables are tender.
- 10Meanwhile, heat pizza sauce in a small saucepan.
- 11Toast cut sides of buns on grill.
- 12To serve, halve sausage links lengthwise, cutting to but not through the other side.
- 13Place sausage links in the toasted rolls.
- 14Top each with pepper mixture and pizza sauce.
- 15Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Pizza Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.8
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 50.4 mg
- Sodium 1326.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 21.3 g