Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a good recipe for a chunky and crisp italian style pizza dough. It's quite simple and basic. But it makes a nice crust where you can add your favourite topping.
- 7⁄8 cup of lukewarm water
- 1 (7 g) package dry yeast or 1 (7 g) packageequivalent fresh yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups white pastry dough
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix yeast and sugar in lukewarm water.
- The warmth and sugar will make it go'alive'.
- Mix salt with dough.
- Stir yeast-mixture in dough (with hand or machine) knead the dough for 10 minutes.
- It should become elastic and silky.
- Let it rest for an hour covered with a moist cloth in a warm place.
- When the dough has doubled in size it's ok.
- Slice the dough in two and use one ball to make your pizza crust.
- knead that ball for a few minutes.
- Roll it out or flip the dough to a round of about 30 centimers (12 inch).
- Ad tomatosauce and your favourite stuff.
- (I like it simpel with tomatosauce, mozarella and basillicum).
- Cook it in your oven on a stone at the highest temperature for about 8- 12 minutes.
- If the crust has bubbles and the cheese is bubbling it's done.