Recipe by dogsandwoods
This recipe was on the back of the Heart Smart Bisquick box. Since the box needs to go into the recycle bin, I'm posting the recipe here for safekeeping. The box claims that there are more recipes at www.Bisquick.com but I haven't verified that.
Top Review by brunettebaker
Made this for a quick dinner one night. Doubled the recipe and made it in a loaf pan. Turned out great and was perfect for 4 servings. I loved the sauteed peppers and onions. My only complaint is that the bisquick was a little weird, but not bad. Would play around with it a little. Would make again
- 1⁄3 cup Bisquick
- 1 egg whites or 2 tablespoons fat free fat-free liquid egg product
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup diced bell pepper (your choice of color)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1⁄2 cup canned Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray 8" x 4" loaf pan.
- Mix together Bisquick, egg white, water and garlic powder. Spread in pan.
- Cook pepper and onion in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until onion is tender.
- Stir in chicken, tomatoes and seasoning; heat through.
- Spoon over batter in pan.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 20-23 minutes or until golden brown; loosen from sides of pan.