An orange-flavored balsamic dressing lends refreshing flavor to baby greens and apple slices. Recipe from Better Homes and Gardens
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice (about 1/2 large orange, fresh squeezed)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hot sweet mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and thinly sliced (or any other tart apple)
- 1⁄2 gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup pistachio nut, roasted
- For dressing, whisk together orange juice, balsamic vinegar, mustard, and garlic; gradually whisk in oil until well blended. Set aside to mellow flavors.
- For salad, divide greens among four salad plates. Top with apple slices. Sprinkle with cheese and nuts. Whisk dressing; drizzle over salads.
Easy and delicious! I made one serving and wished I'd made more ~ Would be great with chicken! Tagged for Summer Photo Tag 2013 (due July 29th).