Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees to 115 degrees)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, butter, salt and 1 cup flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- On afloured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl sprayedwith nonstick cooking spray, turning once to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic and oregano to within 1/2 inches of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 rolls.
- Place rolls cut side up in a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack.
Wow this is good. I made it in my bread machine. It was so easy. The dough was sticky a lot when I removed it but also I waited near 30 minutes to remove it cause I was busy doing a thousand things lol. But with flour, it was not sticky. I was able to roll it in a rectangle. Maybe I didn't put all the 2 tbs of butter. I sprinkled with oregeno, maybe it was more than 1 tsp. I let it rise for the 30 minutes and then cooked it for 30 minutes. They are crispy and yummy. Perfect for when you have company and want to impress :) Thanks Seesko. Made for Please Review My Recipe