Recipe by drhousespcatcher
This started out as Beefy Pinto Stew without the beef until I realized that can of Cajun Tomatoes was Italian Tomatoes. Then it became a what will taste good Stew. The flavors blend nicely. Great for the cold damp day that made us drag out our winter coats again.
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 15 1⁄2 ounces pinto beans, rinsed & drained
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 1⁄2 ounces Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 green serrano chilies
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add beef and cook 2 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring constantly.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- . Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover tightly, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat & stir in cumin & pepper.