1/3 Photos of Italian Pine Nut Cookies
This outstanding recipe is different from the other Pignoli submissions on Zaar. It's originally from the King Arthur Flour company and you can buy the ingredients to make them on their web site www.kingarthurflour.com. (I don't work there but I'm a fan of their products.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Break the marzipan in pieces into a medium-sized bowl. Mix in the sugar, salt, flavorings and almond flour; the mixture will be crumbly. Add the egg white, beating until the mixture is smooth.
- 3Place the pine nuts in a shallow dish. Using a teaspoon cookie scoop, or your lightly oiled or wets hands, drop one inch balls of dough into the pine nuts, rolling and pressing gently to coat them thoroughly. You may also simply grab a handful of pine nuts, and roll the dough between your palms, pressing in pine nuts as you go.
- 4Place the cookies on lightly greased or parchment-lined cookie sheets, leaving about one inch between them.
- 5Bake the cookies for 20 to 22 minutes, or until they're lightly browned. Cool them on the pans for five minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Pine Nut Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 26
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.7
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 2.2 g