- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 6 cups water
- 8 cups small mushrooms, cleaned
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano or 4 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil or 4 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 8 small bay leaves
- 8 cloves garlic
- 6 cups red wine vinegar or 6 cups white wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lemon juice and water in a large pot.
- Add mushrooms and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Drain off liquid.
- Place herbs and mushrooms, garlic and bay in clean hot jars.
- Bring vinegar to a boil and pour over mushrooms leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Seal Process for 20 minutes in a boiling water bath at altitudes up to 1000 feet.