Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy if you love mushrooms.
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 6 cups water
- 8 cups small mushrooms, cleaned
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano or 4 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil or 4 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 8 small bay leaves
- 8 cloves garlic
- 6 cups red wine vinegar or 6 cups white wine vinegar
- Combine lemon juice and water in a large pot.
- Add mushrooms and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Drain off liquid.
- Place herbs and mushrooms, garlic and bay in clean hot jars.
- Bring vinegar to a boil and pour over mushrooms leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Seal Process for 20 minutes in a boiling water bath at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. And my Husband thanks you. I spend a fortune every month on these. Now, I can make my own, actually, I think they are better than what I've been buying!!!
Tasty, very tasty. I used some little criminis and put one jar in the fridge and one on the shelf. The fridge jar became empty fairly quickly. I'm wondering how long the shelf life will be.
Way too mush vinegar. Needs to be weakened by h2o.