Recipe by CoffeeB
This is an old original recipe from Better Homes and Gardens. They have a flavor like pizza but snack size!
Top Review by Nasseh
This recipe has potential but as it is we didn't really care for it. I think the cause was the shortening. The balls were too greasy & the middles were a little mushy even after cooking them for additional 5 minutes. I couldn't really taste the cheese & they left a weird aftertaste. Made for 123 Hits
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup pepperoni, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, finely shredded (can use Romano or Pecorino)
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Lightly grease 2 large baking sheets.
- Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine water and shortening.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add flour all at once stirring vigorously.
- Cook and stir until mixture forms a ball.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time beating well with a wooden spoon after each addition.
- Stir in pepperoni, cheese, parsley, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons of dough 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Position the two baking sheets on separate oven racks.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until firm and golden brown, switching oven racks halfway thru baking.
- Transfer to a wire rack.
- Repeat, as needed, for remaining dough.
- Serve warm.
- If desired, serve with pizza sauce.