Prep 30 mins
Cook 17 mins
Snack-size cream puffs from Better Homes and Gardens, 1999.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped pepperoni (3 oz.)
- 3⁄4 cup finely shredded pecorino romano cheese (3 oz.) or 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (3 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Grease 2 large baking sheets; set aside. In a large saucepan combine water and shortening. Bring to boiling. Add flour all at once, stirring vigorously.
- Cook and stir until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat. Cool for 10 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well with a wooden spoon after each addition.
- Stir in pepperoni, cheese, parsley, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake in a 450 degree F oven for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm.