I was having a huge steak craving, but it's like the world was consipring against me--the restaurants nearby had both run out of beef! So I pulled this recipe from TOH and decided to resolve the issue in my own kitchen. I didn't have many leftovers, even though I was the only one eating it. And I got jealous glares from everyone who had to smell the heated leftovers in our small office the next day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, trimmed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium yellow sweet pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1Combine 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 2Rub mixture over both sides of steak; set aside.
- 3In large nonstick skillet, saute the peppers, onion and garlic in oil until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 4Add tomatoes and remaining Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir.
- 5Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- 6Stir in vinegar; keep warm.
- 7Place steak on a broiler pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. (I used my Calphalon hard anodized skillet.).
- 8Broil 4-6 inches from the heat for 4-8 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
- 9Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Pepper Steak
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.6
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 75.9 mg
- Sodium 576.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 23.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: