1/3 Photos of Italian Peasant Soup
I found this in TOH Quick Cooking magazine. I haven't tried it yet but it looks like something my family and I would love. Plan on trying it soon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb Italian sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb boneless chicken, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 cups fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- 1In a large pot, cook sausage over medium heat until browned and no longer pink; drain.
- 2Add onions and garlic; saute until tender.
- 3Add chicken; saute and stir until no longer pink.
- 4Add in the beans, broth, tomatoes, basil, and oregano; stir to mix.
- 5Cook uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 6Add the spinach and heat just until wilted.
- 7Serve with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Peasant Soup
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.8
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 59.9 mg
- Sodium 1119.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 24.6 g