Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An awesome soup that is very filling and great all year round. - I used turkey sausage but it is very good with a smoked sausage as well.
- 10 ounces mini whole wheat penne
- 16 ounces Italian turkey sausage
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 medium onions
- 6 cups spinach
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 30 ounces cannellini beans
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 60 ounces chicken broth
- In a large pot, cook sausage over medium heat until browned and no longer pink; drain.
- Add onions and garlic; sauté until tender.
- Add in the beans, broth, tomatoes, carrots, basil, and oregano; stir to mix. Cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add the spinach and heat just until wilted.
- Add the cooked penne noodles last.
- Serve with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.