1/14 Photos of Italian Peasant Bread for Bread Machine
2 hrs 55 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Jamie Renee's Note:
Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, this bread flecked with herbs, is an almost identical version to the bread served at the popular restaurant Ramano's Macoroni Grill. I came across the recipe after becoming addicted to their bread and craving it constantly (thanks to Google search and Cafe Michele). It's a great bread to tear and dip in flavored olive oils and to serve with your best Italian pasta dishes, or soups.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place ingredients, according to manufacturer's directions into your bread machine.
- 2(some call for all liquids, or all dry ingredients first, so know your machine) Set machine to "dough cycle" and wait. (This takes most machines about an hour and a half for a full cycle).
- 3Remove from machine when cycle is complete and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- 4Shape dough by hand, into a rectangular mound, spreading kind of thin, maybe an inch or two of thickness.
- 5Cover and let rise in a warm place for about an hour or until doubled in size. (This is a good time to go ahead and turn the oven on to preheat and help warm the kitchen).
- 6Brush with a little olive oil, sprinkle with rosemary and salt if desired. (This is the way its done at Macaroni Grill).
- 7Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes until crust is golden and crispy. Bread is meant to be a flatter shape and not a high rising bread.
- 8Have everyone tear their pieces of bread with their hands,and serve with olive oil flavored with fresh ground pepper.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Peasant Bread for Bread Machine
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 632.0
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3497.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 15.3 g