- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 cups water (lukewarm, 105 to 110 degrees Fahrenheit)
- 3 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water. Blend in rest of ingredients except butter.
- Shape into one large round loaf. Place on a greased cooking sheet and let rise until doubled. Brush with melted butter.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 25 minutes, or until it sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.