Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
An interesting blend of Orange zest and Prosciutto provide flavor to what would otherwise be ordinary peas. This is so simple yet elegant. It would be a nice addition to a holiday meal but would also be great anytime!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup torn lettuce (optional)
- 1 ounce thinly sliced prosciutto (or fully cooked ham will work too)
- 2 teaspoons butter (or margarine)
- pepper (to taste)
- In a medium saucepan, add water and cook peas and onion, covered for 5-10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain well.
- Stir in orange zest, lettuce, prosciutto, butter and pepper.
- Cover and let stand 1 minute or until heated through.
- Serve immediately.