Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
You get double the peach pleasure here – thick, sweet wedges, and a golden dressing made from a peach purée.
- 1 very ripe peach
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 12 cups Baby Spinach or 12 cups mesclun
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 3 ripe peaches
- 3 green onions
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts (optional)
- FOR DRESSING:.
- Peel peach and coarsely chop.
- Place in a blender or food processor.
- Add vinegar and salt.
- Whirl until puréed, then add oil and whirl. Dressing will be quite thick.
- It will keep, well covered and refrigerated, up to 3 days.
- FOR SALAD:.
- Just before serving, place spinach in a very large bowl.
- Slice prosciutto into thin strips.
- Peel peaches (only if you wish).
- Slice in half, then thinly slice into wedges.
- Thinly slice onions.
- Add all to spinach.
- Drizzle with dressing.
- Toss to evenly mix and sprinkle with nuts.
I enjoyed this tasty salad for dinner tonight. I loved the blending of fresh sweet peaches, sharp & salty prosciutto, tangy and tart dressing mixed with the fresh crisp baby spinach, green onions and pinenuts (which I forgot to toast). I will be making this salad again soon. Thanks Anna for another winner.
What a delicious combination of flavors!! This recipe is wonderful!!!! I love toasted pine nuts and they give the peaches and peach dressing a fabulous savory balance. I used canned peaches with no syrup because my store had terrible peaches. I used cider vinegar and grapeseed oil. I used thinly sliced ham instead of prosciutto. This salad is soooooooo good. Will definitely make this one again and again. Thank you for such a gourmet yet simple salad!!!!!!!!
This is good. A lovely and peachy salad.