Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a different twist on the regular Patty Melt that I just had to share. I haven't tried it yet, but I will soon! I am guessing in the prep time.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced into 8 rings
- 8 slices raw onions
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted with garlic butter
- Mix meat, Parmesan cheese, and seasonings.
- Shape into 4- 4inch patties.
- Heat oil.
- Cook pepper rings until crisp tender.
- Now do the same with the raw onion slices.
- In the same pan cook patties until done.
- Top with veggies and then with cheese.
- Cover pan until cheese is melted.
- Serve on buns.
What a great new way to do burgers! The seasoning is right on, and I loved the parmesan in the meat. I sauteed the veggies together (saved me a step), and tossed in a couple of cloves of garlic, sliced paper thin as well. The only other sub was fresh mashed garlic for the garlic salt. We really enjoyed these, Michelle! Can't wait to make'em again! :)
These burgers were great! I loved the spices and the parmesan in the meat - they gave a nicer flavor and the burgers were very juicy. The toasted garlic buns was a nice touch too! I served mine without the onions (personal preference) and hubby's with and we both really enjoyed these!
Very good melts - the Parm in the meat really made it tender and yummy! Thanks Michelle. Because I've had WLS surgery I don't eat bread so omitting it is the only change I made. I will be trying this with ground turkey and ground chicken - it's a keeper!