Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious way to serve ground beef with an Italian flare. From Pillsbury's Dinner in No Time with changes.
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground chicken
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tabspoons italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 large sweet onion, cut into rings
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into rings
- 3 ounces mozzarella cheese (4 slices)
- 4 slices of seeded rye bread or 4 hamburger buns, split
- In bowl, combine ground beef/chicken, mayonnaise,, Parma and Italian seasoning.
- Shape into 4- 4" patties.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes to set.
- Heat 1 tablespoons of olive oil in large heavy skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add bell pepper rings and onions; cook 3-4 minutes until crisp-tender.
- Remove from skillet.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoons olive oil and heat until sizzling.
- Add patties; reduce heat to medium; cook 5 minutes each side for medium-rare (beef only), longer for well-done.
- Top each patty with 1 slice cheese 2 bell pepper rings and 1/4 onions rings .
- Cover; cook 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve on grilled or toasted bread or buns.
- Note: Spread bread/buns with Dijon mustard for spicier taste.
I love burgers and this one is right up there - Loved it - Very moist and tasty I didn't cook the pepper rings or the onion just added them to the cooked burger before adding the cheese. I used skim milk Mozzarella and althought not as tasty as regulat mozza it was still delish. No oil used just a "No Oil" spray. Loved it - thanks Caroline
wow fantastic burgers, DH loved them. So much flavour, loved the crunch of the sweet pepper and the onion was so tasty!! I used ground turkey and no fat mayo. We used sharp cheddar cus that is our favourite cheese. Loved the method of cooking, so quick and easy! Thanks for posting, I will be making these again!!