Recipe by MissPenny
I was looking for something that I could make quickly as I get home late from work. It also needed to be lower in fat as my Dh needs to watch his fat and cholesterol. I came up with this recipe with what I had on hand at home. Everybody thought is was great!
- 1 lb turkey sausage or 1 lb bratwurst
- 4 ounces crushed tomatoes or 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 4 buns
Directions See How It's Made
- If meat is in casing remove.
- Add garilc powder, basil and oregano.
- Shape meat into 4 patties whatever shape your buns are.
- Spray skillet with nonstick spray and place meat into skillet over med high heat.
- Cook 20 mins or until done.
- Spoon tomato sauce over patties and sprinkle on mozzarella Cover and let cook another 1 minute Place on buns and enjoy.