3 hrs 20 mins
This is a great summer meal-in-one. Its bursting with fresh-from-the-garden goodness with added spark from the salami. Be as creative as you like with the optional veggies. I often have a few handfuls of something from the garden or a half a cup of leftovers that go right in. Even if you don't particularly like anchovies try adding the anchovy paste at least once. You don't really taste it -- it just improves the flavor of the dressing. Try it at your next potluck or picnic!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb tri-color spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 medium cucumbers, chopped
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 large vine-ripened tomato, coarsely diced
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/2 lb hard salami or 1/2 lb pepperoni, diced
- 1/2 lb mozzarella cheese or 1/2 lb provolone cheese, diced
- pepperoncini peppers (optional) or other hot pepper (optional)
Optional Veggies (use any or all)
- snow peas (optional)
- snap peas (optional)
- green peas (optional)
- broccoli (raw or blanched) (optional)
- cauliflower (raw or blanched) (optional)
- carrot (shredded or sliced) (optional)
- green beans (raw or blanched) (optional)
- lima beans (cooked and cooled) (optional)
- garbanzo beans (cooked and cooled) (optional)
- mushroom (fresh or canned) (optional)
- 1Mix all salad ingredients and any optional veggies in a large bowl.
- 2Put all dressing ingredients into a bowl and mix vigorously with a whisk or fork to make sure that the anchovy paste is thoroughly blended inches.
- 3Toss salad with dressing and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 4Taste and correct seasonings if necessary. If the pasta has soaked up too much dressing make a little more.
- 5There should be a tang too it, maybe even a bite. If it seems bland make more dressing but don't overwhelm the fresh, bright flavor of the veggies.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Pasta Salad With Fresh Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.7
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 29.1 mg
- Sodium 366.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 16.7 g