Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a great salad to serve to a crowd. Bring it to a potluck or a barbecue and it will be well received! It looks very pretty too!
- 1 lb tri-color spiral pasta
- 1⁄4 lb genoa salami, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb pepperoni, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb asiago cheese, diced
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, diced (fresh if you can get it)
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, drained and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 chopped green onions
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente.
- Drain, and cool under cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, salami, pepperoni, cheeses, black olives, red bell pepper, and tomatoes.
- Stir in the envelope of dressing mix.
- Cover, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- To prepare the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano, parsley, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, pour dressing over the salad, and mix well.