Recipe by Marie
This is doubly good because the pasta and veggies are marinated with Italian dressing, then drained and a mixture of mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese is added. Super delicious!
Top Review by Nikoma
I was really looking forward to trying this one, but we just thought it needed something! More veggies probably. Maybe some pepperoni... I did add about a cup of fresh broccoli. I thought some cucumber would be good too. There was just to mach mayo for me. Especially with the residual Italian dressing. I would say go ahead and add add add whatever you've got in the fridge! I also had a strange urge to throw on some chow mein noodles half way through eating it (which is odd because I've never even had them in the house) Could use a little more crunch in my opinion. Worth a try, but just not for us as is. Thanks Marie!
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked spiral shaped pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons thin sliced green onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian salad dressing
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup cubed mozzarella cheese
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, rinse with cold water and drain.
- Place in a bowl, add tomatoes, celery, carrots, peppers, onions and Italian salad dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, combine mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese, then stir in mozzarella and olives.
- Gently fold into the pasta mixture.